Do I have to build or can I buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jayki, Jul 15, 2013.

Do i have to building everything or can I just in the market place?
  2. CptFancyPants The Gun Show

If crafting is not for you, then the marketplace is a viable option. It's still pretty new, though. So a lot of the pricing and availability is still stabilizing. But you should be able to find most things on there.
    • Like x 1
  3. ValleySpirit Hero of the Accord

except for thumpers, medium healing packs, almost any crafted equipment (loot drops have flooded the market destroying the crafting market), glider pads, ammo cores . . .
    I'd argue that the presence of drops is what's keeping the market running. I'm profitable in my niches despite the presence of drops but I'm at fairly narrow margins over mineral costs (around 15%). Having my printer tied up in research, the lack of T4 buyers, and my inability to buy crafting components off the market impacts my ability to maintain my niches a lot more than the presence of drops.
  5. ValleySpirit Hero of the Accord

standard automobile pricing is 10 times parts + labor

standard restaurant pricing is 3 times parts

you are surviving on 1.15 times parts and giving away your labor
    Also, is it only my market place but when I search in the criteria, it's stuck on the buffering wheel
  7. Grape Apex Predator

If you add too many letters to your search or include a space, it bugs out and hangs forever. Close the window, type /rui , and reopen for it to work again.
  8. Kristakis Beta Adventurer

And try using a ? instead of a space for shorter searches. Chosen?Lunchbox etc.
    If you have a more profitable way to use the resources and printer slot, I'm open for suggestions. The only higher return for time investment is flipping drop items that are grossly underpriced.
  10. ValleySpirit Hero of the Accord

if you were a real world business

you would be paying customers to buy your products

market is currently damaged

building at that profit margin is not beneficial
  11. skyydragonn Commander

<--WTB more printer slots.
  12. kaikura Champion of Mankind

Starting to wonder about this also. Most of the stuff you need to build i haven't seen any of it drop yet.
  13. Saolite Unbroken

Regardless - you have to craft at some point. You have to craft the 'upgrades' -- Bastion Dielectrics and the like. I think crafting should be entirely optional, tbh.
  14. Hacc Commander

Those progression items don't care what quality mats you use on them. You use whatever you have the most of for those.
    Best solution I can forsee is a rebalance of all the loot drops. They should be inferior to their crafted counterparts in my opinion. I would also love a way to see more of the market window at a time, the current UI makes it near impossible to see your list of items to sell and find the one you actually want to sell.