Launching problems (through steam)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by NikoHUN, May 21, 2017.

1. MajHavok I Am The One Who Knocks

@jagdtigger Your trying to what...? Fix a dead game. I was wishing you good luck. And you call me a troll. I couldn't give a s h I t about your response or you for that matter. The basic definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome...sir, welcome to insanity. But like I said go ahead and keep trying. BTW I was just pointing out an obvious problem and you called me a troll in essence you became the troll, because you got a response.

troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.
    Then i misinterpreted you post... ;) BTW for me its not insanity, just done so far that i would with any other software then come here to ask for help.
    • Like x 1
  3. MajHavok I Am The One Who Knocks

@jagdtigger And I seriously wish you get the help you ask...many of us here would. However unless you know how to break their coding it will just leave you frustrated waiting to get an answer and I am sorry if I did come off as too sarcastic, but this is a game we loved and it is now inches (or less) away from death.
    • Like x 1
  4. OVERKILL1989 Beta Pilot

no solution yet. I am having the same problem
    • Like x 1
    Just downloaded with steam, but now redheanded is crashing :/ . Out of fun i tried on my small intel atom based 2in1 and it started just fine....
  6. Earth_Soldier Beta Commando

Just download the standalone client from the forums here: http://www.firefall.com/client?installer=full, yes it will be a 12Gb zip file but at least it will be like I said before, no launcher needed, no updates or anything. Just unzip where you want to have the game installed, create a shorcut in your desktop and try to start playing. It's what I did after my 5 months break a couple of weeks ago. I didn't had any problem.

Steam seems to want to update the game client no matter what and ends corrupting the files...
    Done that already, its doing the same thing, when i start the client directly i just get this massage:
    [IMG]

On the other hand when i 1in1 copied over to the other laptop it started fine :/ .
  8. Earth_Soldier Beta Commando

Locate the temp folder and clean it of temporal files, locate the firefall folder where the RedHand executable is and rename it to .old for example, copy and paste the RedHand from your laptop.

Back to the FireFall folder, locate the FireFallClient.exe, right click to propierties and give him Admin privileges + compatibility with Win 7.

Try again.
    Read again my comment, both laptops have the same firefall folder, just 1in1 copied over from this laptop(where it crashes) to the other where it starts fine. BTW both is running win 8.1. Setting compatibility and start as admin wasnt helping either...
  10. Earth_Soldier Beta Commando

I've read you and even so I wanted you to try it.

Just wondering, now that I noticed it, Does you user name in that laptop uses some especial symbol??? Several games I know doesn't accept special symbols like ~ or ¬ or & in their folder paths, I ask this because in your last image the user name seems to be "JAGDTI~1".

Another thing: Have you put RedHand in your AV and firewall exception list?? If not just try that option too. Avast AV and Comodo Firewall always gave a lot of problems to FireFall players...
    No special characters, the username is the same as here. IDK why ity writing out in that way... But its just the crash dump so that shouldn't matter anyway. I already tried adding exceptions in comodo and avira too but its still crashing.
  12. Earth_Soldier Beta Commando

(Sigh) I've run out of ideas by now, not sure what more to check :(.
    • Like x 1